Monday 28 January 2013

Works so far

I've managed to get one thing finished and another started as well as getting the sitting room 95% finished.

I was in a mug rug swap on The Quilting Board.
Here is the mug rug I received from Nelco.  I love the shape of it and will enjoy using the lovely teas she sent me.


Here is the front and back of the mug rug I made for my partner.  She likes yellow so I hope this is cheerful enough.  I used wool (a fancy knitting yarn) around the edges and zig-zagged over it.


I also got my partner's name for the Pretty Little Pouch Swap No. 6.  I decided that I would sketch my idea out after seeing her mosaic of what she likes.  I went with the following.  The first one will be the front using a grey/linen for the background, bright hexagon flowers, stitched lines and fabric leaves.  Not sure about the fabric leaves yet.
The next photo will be the back of the pouch using echino fabrics with four horizontal strips at the top and six vertical strips at the bottom.


Here is my progress so far.

I'm stitching each line in a different stitch.  The orange is chain stitch, the blue is stem stitch, green is backstitch and the red is two different tones of red in running stitch.  The fabrics will be the ones I'll use for the hexagons.  I have some lovely echino 10 inch squares which I bought so I will choose which ones to use for the other side.  I have to go through my "magic drawer" which has buttons, threads, zips etc.  to pick out a zip and I also have to decide on the lining fabric.  Not a bad start.

That leaves me with only one thing left on my January list of to do things.  Only four days left, will have to get a move on.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.



2 comments:

  1. well done Linda,you are very organised.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -wthe creative juices are flowing at your house! Can't wait to see your finished project. Love both of the mug rugs, too.

    ReplyDelete